W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-egov-ig@w3.org > March 2009

[minutes] eGov IG Call, 4 March 2009

From: Jose M. Alonso <josema@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 18:00:23 +0100
Message-Id: <EC56680C-ACB2-47CB-BFDD-B66B6B3374AE@w3.org>
To: eGov IG <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
All,

Minutes are available at:

   http://www.w3.org/2009/03/04-egov-minutes

and as text below.

Two important notes:
1) Thanks much to Daniel for scribing today
2) I forgot to invite RRSAgent (the logger) to the channel. As a  
result, I had to save whatever I had in my machine as IRC log and  
build minutes from there. Unfortunately, I missed the firs 25 minutes  
or so. Deeply sorry about it. If any of the attendees have a local  
log, please send it to me. If you have comments to add on something  
important, same applies.

Apologies again...

-- Jose

--------------
    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     eGovernment Interest Group Call

04 Mar 2009

Attendees

    Present
           Daniel_Bennett, kevin, josema, Brand [part], joe, Owen, john,
           anne [part], Daniel, oscar [part]

    Regrets

    Chair
           kevin, john

    Scribe
           Daniel_Bennett

Contents

      * [2]Topics
          1. [3]F2F
          2. [4]TWB Event
          3. [5]what's going on? (barcamps, etc.)
      * [6]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2005/02/minutes#agenda
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2005/02/minutes#item01
       [4] http://www.w3.org/2005/02/minutes#item02
       [5] http://www.w3.org/2005/02/minutes#item03
       [6] http://www.w3.org/2005/02/minutes#ActionSummary

    [minutes are incomplete, some 25 minutes at the beginning are
    missing due to RRSAgent not being invited]

    [there was discussion on the Group Note, deadlines, and how to deal
    with comments, and tracker, then on to F2F, some on F2F also missed]

F2F

    Kevin: i think so. and the boardroom will give everyone a chance to
    talk with mikes at every chair

    Jose: Anne are you planning to attend

    Anne: yes, i will be there the whole time

    Jose: Kevin is working on more invites
    ... if the invites impact F2F agenda we should get this effort done
    in next couple days.
    ... do we need the lightning round if there is interactivity around
    the speakers
    ... in any case we need to reach a final agenda soon

    Joe: perhaps mixing the speakers with attendee introductions having
    provocatives

    <ocr> hi all

    John: thinks the lightning round should still be separate from
    intros

    <josema> hi oscar

    John: make the intros good way to quickly get a sense of crowd

    <josema> [John on using tags barcamp style instead of regular
    intros]

    Kevin: good idea to have sense of who is talking

    Daniel: (only slightly kidding) add the intro to the name tags

    Jose: speechless
    ... avoiding actions
    ... we can just change agenda in wiki
    ... we should make changes now

    Kevin: the focus should be on the barnburners

    Jose: worried about loss of focus with so many subjects

    Kevin: having these multiple issues is positive

    <josema> good point, john

    Daniel: provocations should allow lots of subjects. reflections will
    allow a focus

    John: some issues may make multi-channel discussion moot (on
    reflection).
    ... worried if we just set out at beginning on 6 set subjects and
    stuck to it as opposed to looking at spectrum.

    Joe: we are talking about standards and criterias for standards

    Kevin: Joe you are spot on (Brit term)

    Joe: explaining how multiple standards being brought up lead us to
    how to reach goals

    Jose: who volunteers to fix agenda on wiki

    Anne: this is an overlay rather than a major change

    Kevin: I agree.
    ... the goal is to come out of the F2F on what is the pressing goals
    and what are the means. and this will help to get the paper done
    ... we are up for charter renewal so we should focus on what is most
    pressing.

    Jose: thinks that having set schedule helps those who will only be
    there for certain sessions
    ... lets be consistent

    Daniel: lets just mark sessions provocative vs. reflective

    John: I agree in that will give mode of operation

    Joe: should there be breakouts

    ?

    Kevin: logistically may be a problem in the space

    Joe: should we use part of networking to do breakouts

    <Anne> Anne's gotta go and btw I said I would *not* be able to be
    there for the whole FTF. I'll check in later folks.

    thanks Anne, I will fix in the final minutes

    <josema> side note, forgot to mention I put together
    [7]http://www.netvibes.com/w3cegov recently

       [7] http://www.netvibes.com/w3cegov

    <Anne> signing off. don't want to interrupt the conversation. ciao\

    bye Anne

    Joe: does anyone agree?

    Owen: as a remote participant wouldnt be able to do break out

    <John> Netvibes thing - cool

    <josema> based on #ukgovoss idea but also to show we do open data
    ourselves, too! All are RSS Feeds

    Daniel: how about using dinners to get breakouts?

    Kevin: just looking for places to let people know...
    ... lets think about it

    <josema> what about BoF tables at lunch or dinner?

    John: I like the ideas. Over two days, this is a good process.
    Having 15 mins to pull together ideas.
    ... supports breakouts esp. on second day to allow for reflection

    Kevin: how about firming agenda by Friday morning

    Jose: first day provocation, second day reflection
    ... ?

    Kevin: then for second day have some breakouts

    Jose: How about setting up a separate agenda wiki page to start
    working this out

    Kevin: Yes, and then Friday for cut off and Monday morning for
    finalization

    <josema> ACTION: josema to start a separate wiki page to brainstorm
    on F2F agenda

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-49 - Start a separate wiki page to
    brainstorm on F2F agenda on José Manuel Alonso - due 2009-03-11.

    Jose: asking if everyone has wiki edit rights?, ping him if not

    <josema> RESOLUTION: agenda content to be collected until Friday
    night (EST); final (new) agenda to be published on Monday morning
    (EST)

    [RESOLUTION: agenda content to be collected until Friday night
    (EST); final (new) agenda to be published on Monday morning (EST)]

TWB Event

    Kevin: the world bank opted out, then found out twb and oasis was
    doing joint of event

    Kevin: we were asked to participate, but not collaborate.
    ... I will attend their meeting Apr. 17th in DC

    Joe: disappointed in lack of collaboration with OASIS as this group
    would be a great resources for standards

    Kevin: OASIS has been good partners

    <josema> reminder for myself: email the list with details on how
    eGov work at W3C is funded and our own challenges

    Kevin: TWB is more looking at specific interop systems
    ... that is a longer term process than some of our efforts
    ... to the TWB credit they will have two attendees at F2F

    <josema> RESOLUTION: kevin to participate in TWB event

    [RESOLUTION: kevin to participate in TWB event]

    Jose: have we decided that we will participate in the TWB/OASIS
    meeting?

    Kevin: yes to Jose

what's going on? (barcamps, etc.)

    Kevin: is wondering if we have reached out enough
    ... says bye

    <John> I followed it on twitter

    <josema> me, too

    <josema> but was very challenging

    Daniel: says one way to reach out is to mirror the #tcamp09 method

    <josema> [8]http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23tcamp09

       [8] http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23tcamp09

    Joe: concurs

    John: this is a crowd of non-IRC folks

    Jose: many use "new" techs that are actually IRC interface

    <John> Everyone uses twitter in the uk

    everyone: discussing Twitter and other systems used

    John: we will officially use IRC but I will also Tweet

    Joe: how should we "name" our content

    Jose: anything else?

    <John> Thanks guys see you in DC

    Jose: Joe you are officially in

    <josema> [ADJOURNED]

    Jose: we are adjourned for today

    see you in DC

    <joec> thanks daniel

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: josema to start a separate wiki page to brainstorm on
    F2F agenda

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [9]scribe.perl version 1.133
     ([10]CVS log)
     $Date: 2009/03/04 16:56:23 $

       [9] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [10] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 4 March 2009 17:01:05 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 4 March 2009 17:01:06 GMT