W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-egov-ig@w3.org > July 2009

[minutes] eGov IG Chars Call - 1 July 2009

From: Jose M. Alonso <josema@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 00:22:59 +0200
Message-Id: <E8FE7841-AA09-46AB-803C-7132D79C7ADE@w3.org>
To: eGov IG <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
Cc: Kevin Novak <kevinnovak@aia.org>, John Sheridan <John.Sheridan@nationalarchives.gov.uk>, Rachel Flagg <rachel.flagg@hud.gov>
Online at:

   http://www.w3.org/2009/07/01-egov-minutes

and also attached as text below.

Not very detailed since we were very focused on discussing the charter.
Current plan:
* Kevin to send final comments to jose EOB (ET) today
* Jose to integrate in wiki version Thursday/Friday
* ETF to work on the text until July 14 at most

Rachel, I'm so sorry for the delay, hope it'll be enough for ETF to  
review and make changes. I'll send a separate mail once final version  
uploaded to the wiki so ETF could take it from there.

-- Jose


----------------------------


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                 eGovernment Interest Group Chairs Call

01 Jul 2009

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2009/07/01-egov-irc

Attendees

    Present
           josema, kevin, john

    Regrets
    Chair
           john, kevin

    Scribe
           josema

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]o'reilly summit
          2. [5]comm
          3. [6]charter
      * [7]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

o'reilly summit

    [three people, john on LD/SW, kevin on interop, rachel on user
    access to data, jose to moderate]

    [ask vera to propose intro paragraph]

    <scribe> ACTION: josema to send draft proposal to vera [recorded in
    [8]http://www.w3.org/2009/07/01-egov-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-72 - Send draft proposal to vera [on Josť
    Manuel Alonso - due 2009-07-08].

comm

    josema: vera asked about interviews in eGov blog to IG Members?

    kevin: right, I asked her for the questions

    josema: maybe a misunderstanding wrt the way QA blog works?

    <scribe> ACTION: josema to ask again for speaking points and Qs to
    Vera/Karen [recorded in
    [9]http://www.w3.org/2009/07/01-egov-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-73 - Ask again for speaking points and Qs
    to Vera/Karen [on Josť Manuel Alonso - due 2009-07-08].

charter

    [10]http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/wiki/Charter2

      [10] http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/wiki/Charter2

    [@@also another way of looking at it, focus on data but data is two
    parts:

    1. putting it on the web

    1. technology issues (linked data and the like)

    2. social issues (licensing and the like)

    2. using the data --Jose/IJ@@]

    [position around audience building]

    [using issues that are important to the audience to introduce them
    to W3C work]

    <John> +1

    [reviewing charter, kevin taking notes to come up with final
    proposed wording later]

    <scribe> ACTION: kevin to do a final review, send changes [recorded
    in [11]http://www.w3.org/2009/07/01-egov-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-74 - Do a final review, send changes [on
    Kevin Novak - due 2009-07-08].

    attendees- brand

    <scribe> ACTION: josema to take Kevin's changes and integrate into
    the wiki page [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2009/07/01-egov-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-75 - Take Kevin's changes and integrate
    into the wiki page [on Josť Manuel Alonso - due 2009-07-08].

    [proposed to send this to ETF late Thu or Fri (CET)]

    [ADJOURNED]

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: josema to ask again for speaking points and Qs to
    Vera/Karen [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2009/07/01-egov-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: josema to send draft proposal to vera [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2009/07/01-egov-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: josema to take Kevin's changes and integrate into the
    wiki page [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2009/07/01-egov-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: kevin to do a final review, send changes [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2009/07/01-egov-minutes.html#action04]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [17]scribe.perl version 1.135
     ([18]CVS log)
     $Date: 2009/07/01 22:06:58 $

      [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 1 July 2009 22:23:50 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 July 2009 22:23:50 GMT