RE: RMMP [was:Re: canceling call today -- Re: [agenda] eGov IG call, 7 Jan 2009]

Ideally, each of the W3C's work groups would engage at least one .gov
employee and he or she could use the ET.gov site/process to identify W3C
Recommendations that are not yet included in the Federal Enterprise
Architecture (FEA) Technical Reference Model (TRM) but should be.  The same
should be true for all standards development organizations.

Reference OMB Circular A-119 and the National Technology Transfer and
Advancement Act (NTAA).
http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/circulars/a119/a119.html

BTW, updating of the FEA TRM and Data Reference Model (DRM) should be
conducted on an ongoing basis.  Being tied to the annual appropriations
process guarantees they will be outdated and thus, in large measure,
irrelevant.

Owen Ambur
Co-Chair Emeritus, xmlCoP
Co-Chair, AIIM StratML Committee