Re: Social Media Project Task

Hi Brian

The Social Media project as stated is something that I think really
needs to be done - the fact is that there is a lot of policy as well as
technology and practicalities that any .gov entity moving into the SM
space will want hard direction on - such as an IG note.

But you're right - we should practise what we preach. I think it's a
brilliant idea, especially given the state of our case studies page :)
And it could almost be it's own project. The problem with utilising it
as a method for case study is the W3C is not a government organisation,
and ultimately, we don't face, and unless simulated (on which bias could
be called) can't really convey the issues faced by governments. While I
think it will have merit as a case study into how collaboration can work
(W3C is collaboratively driven after all, and a case study of the
formulation of any W3C official document would work equally as well),
what we really need are case studies from within the .gov.* sphere.

My two cents :)

Cheers

Chris Beer
Canberra, Australia