Re: 'universal hashtags' (was: Re: White House Launching Open Government Plan...)

If you declare something it universal, sometimes it can become universal.
:-)

By promoting #edem I am trying to get the "e-democracy" world I've been
working to network since 1998 via http://dowire.org to stay connected as the
net continuously diffuses folks across #hyperlocal #gov20 #opengov
#epolitics #eparticipation #nameyourconferencetag ...

The #edem tag has been in use for about a year and is not meant to replace
#gov20 for example but to create a cross-roads where folks mostly government
oriented can cross paths with those in e-advocacy or online election
campaigning. To me democracy/participation is far broader than government
and often not too related to services.

All I can say is that after watching "government online" (back when I launch
Minnesota state government's portal in 95) become "e-government" and now be
cool again branded as so-called "government 2.0," our greatest production in
the field seems to be buzzwords. ;-)

Steven Clift - http://stevenclift.com
 Executive Director - http://E-Democracy.Org
 Follow me - http://twitter.com/democracy
 New Tel: +1.612.234.7072 <tel:+16122347072>