Re: OGD flyer feedback...

I think the flyer looks great!

I also wonder, are legal/licensing concerns entirely orthogonal here?

For example, would it be out of place to request that data should be
legally available for re-use (e.g. using a license/legal tool that
conforms with http://opendefinition.org/)?

Federal government material in the US is already in the public domain,
and increasingly non-Federal departments are making their material
open. In the EU there is the PSI Directive which is encouraging member
states to make their material legally open. OECD strongly
recommendation making core PSI legally open. My feeling is that legal
openness is an important aspect of open government data.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator