more on eGov naming

From: Jose M. Alonso <josema@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:06:01 +0200
To: eGov IG <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
All,

Just found some more info on ISSUE-3.

* The World Bank has defined it as "E-Government" [1]
* Got a copy of Richard Heeks's "Implementing and Managing
eGovernment" as such in the title but "e-government" throughout the text
* Skim read a report form the Berkman Center for Internet & Society
that talks about "electronic government" then "e-government"
* U.S. OMB uses "e-government" [2]
* European Commission uses "eGovernment" [3]

I think that "electronic government" is usable, that "eGovernment" is
usable, too and that "eGov" means the same in the context of this
document (this should be probably stated in the doc somewhere at the
beginning of the doc if not already).

Unless proved wrong, I don't see a normalized way of referring to the
subject and would leave it as is for now. My second choice due to
broadest use would be "e-government".

-- Jose

[1] http://go.worldbank.org/M1JHE0Z280
[2] http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/e-gov/