Re: eGov IG, Multi-Channel Delivery, second draft, with a little update

Hi,

On this latest proposal, I have the following comments.

Sub-section "How Can Multi-Channel Delivery Be Achieved?"

I would suggest adding a bullet that suggests the use of accessibility
guidelines (such as WCAG) or related government accessibility standards
(such as Section 508 in the US, CLF-Accessibility in Canada, RGAA in
France, etc., depending on where you are).

Sub-section "Accessibility"

I must reiterate that this whole section does not work if you are to
keep it with the heading "Accessibility". What is being talked about in
this sub-section is *Access* of which accessibility is a part.

For WAI's definition of accessibility, please see [1].

For W3C's definition of access for all or what they are now calling the
“Web for Everyone” (what they used to call “universal access”[2]),
please see [3].

As it stands now, you are redefining one of W3C's already accepted
definitions for the concept of accessibility.

I would also suggest that reference to section 508 be removed from this
section as I imagine this document does not only address US concerns.

Finally, I think the first paragraph, which seems to be adapted from my
e-mail from last night, only adds to the confusion and was not meant to
introduce this sub-section in this manner. It should therefore be removed.

Best regards,

Catherine
--

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/accessibility.php