RE: [agenda] eGov IG call, 15 April 2009, 13:00Z (9:00EST, 14:00GMT, 15:00CET)

Hi,
I'm also new to this group and will be on business travel the rest of this week which means I'll miss the call.  I'm Suzanne Acar, co-chair of the U.S.. Federal Data Architecture subcommittee under the U.S. Federal CIO Council.. I am also the Principal Data Architect for the FBI. I have a very keen interest in this E-Government Focus Group particularly around any discussions and recommendations that occur for metadata standards and long term data management implications.  Our goals on the Data Subcommittee are on the theme of the President's direction for open, participatory, and collaborative government.  We've focused our guidance on data implementation strategies and data quality management disciplines.  We're very interested in focusing on guidelines for improving the discovery, accessibility, understandability and reliability of government data.

Thanks,
Suzanne

____________________
FBI Principal Data Architect, and
Co-chair, Federal Data Architecture Subcommittee (DAS)
Desk:  202-324-5247
Mobile: 202-527-4778
E-mail: suzanne.acar@ic.fbi.gov

Acta non Verba

-----Original Message-----
From: public-egov-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:public-egov-ig-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Kendall Clark
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:30 AM
To: Jose M. Alonso
Cc: eGov IG; John Sheridan; Kevin Novak
Subject: Re: [agenda] eGov IG call, 15 April 2009, 13:00Z (9:00EST, 14:00GMT, 15:00CET)

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Jose M. Alonso <josema@w3.org> wrote:
> 2. Any new Members around? Intros.

I'll introduce myself here since I can't make the telecon. I'm Kendall
Clark, one of the founders of Clark & Parsia [1]; we're a W3C-member
startup focused on semantic web infrastructure. We've been involved in
SPARQL, WSDL, OWL, and other W3C efforts. We make things like Pellet
[2].

I'm interested in eGov as an emerging market for our technology for a
few reasons:

1. in the US federal market is one of the biggest for semantic web
technologies; we've built production systems using RDF & OWL for NASA,
National Cancer Institute, etc.

2. we're based in DC, so eGov is a natural outlet for us

3. the new US focus on transparency, etc in gov't data handling is a
good opportunity for semweb stuff.

I look forward to participating here.

Cheers,
Kendall Clark