Re: [agenda] eGov IG call, 15 April 2009, 13:00Z (9:00EST, 14:00GMT, 15:00CET)

I don't recall if I ever did an intro ...

I'm CORE's CTO, and CORE operates two gTLDs, .cat for the Catalan
linguistic and cultural community, which includes some public
administration users and their use cases, and .museum for ICOM
authorized cultural institutions, which also includes some public
administration users and their use cases. We're also applying for gTLDs
for Barcelona and Berlin, which also includes some public administration
users and their use cases.

I'm interested in name spaces as a deliverable element of egov. Some
days I think I'm thinking about the social networks of documents and
transactions, and obviously I don't share TBL's belief that TLDs are a
distraction or worse. I've mostly lurked up to this point due to the
need to get ICANN work done.

In the 2000-2004 time frame I participated in the W3C's P3P Spec WG and
the policy meta-data on the HTTP State Management Mechanism (cookies),
in compact and XML forms, came out of my participation in that period.

Unfortunately I've regular CORE con-calls at 1500 CET several days of
the week, in particular on the 15th, so I won't be on the call.

Eric