Re: Government and "web basics"

From: Trond Arne Undheim <trond-arne.undheim@oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 10:48:10 +0100
To: public-egov-ig@w3.org

While I do agree that there is a lot to be done to improve e-government
benchmarking it is not the case that all current efforts only use
national websites in their monitoring. The EU, for instance, has always
used a sample of websites at all levels of government, vetted through a
national contact point who had the chance to suggest alternative ones.
Please see my blog entry:
http://blogs.oracle.com/trond/2008/09/benchmarking_egovernment_openi.html
which links to an article I co-authored recently, called Benchmarking
eGovernment: tools, theory, and practice, see:
http://www.epracticejournal.eu/document/4970

Trond