Re: Government and "web basics"

From: Michael Phythian <michael.phythian@email.dmu.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 10:12:03 +0100
To: <public-egov-ig@w3.org>

This has been an interesting debate and one of the reasons I started my doctoral research!

I was tired of national targets and league tables that were meaningless from a citizen perspective and perhaps driving development the wrong way!

What I suspected was needed was a pragmatic view from below. Many of the caluculations used at national level were also complex and burdensome.

I proposed something based on citizen satisfaction across all channels, which I am now feeling just needs to collate 'dissatisfaction' across all channels and direct improvement. Not entirely systems thinking but at least focusing on variation and using that to develop change.

at a 'District' council in England