Re: [agenda] eGov IG telecon, 25 June 2008

Hi Katie,

El 24/06/2008, a las 15:48, Katie Haritos-Shea escribió:
> Jose,
>
> Thanks for the reminder and information.
>
> For number 7. Next Meeting proposed, perhaps you meant Wednesday
> July 9th?

Ah, wrong date. I meant August 6th. More about that during the call.

> I will attend by phone. I will not be able to use IRC.

Call is only for Group participants... I think there is a
misunderstanding about the way this works, so I'll send a separate
message to explain it in more detail.

> Note that many government (and governement located) folks when
> attending the calls during work hours may not be able to use IRC due
> to access restriction and firewall issues.

That's one of the goals of the agenda item, to learn if people are
used to IRC and potential issues.

I want to encourage everybody who participates in the call to join
also on IRC. It makes things much easier administrative wise (eg.
minuting, actioning), and also enrich the experience since we can add
information there (eg. a pointer to additional information about the
discussion).

I'll try to the best of my ability and the help of the W3C Systems
Team and other Members of the Group who are quite knowledgeable of the
W3C Process and the technology itself, to help others get connected.

For this specific issue, I think that our the IRC Web client could be
of help. It's available at:

    http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

This Web interface *is not public*, but restricted to Group
participants. Also more about participation in the next message.

Best,
Jose.

--
Jose M. Alonso <josema@w3.org>    W3C/CTIC