W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-egov-ig@w3.org > July 2008

[minutes] eGov IG - Chairs + TF Coordinators - 3 July 2008

From: Jose M. Alonso <josema@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 15:00:31 +0200
Message-Id: <6856A953-A300-422D-9581-962E5B0A635A@w3.org>
To: public-egov-ig@w3.org

Hi all,

Your fellow Chairs + Task Force Coordinators had a call yesterday to  
discuss a bit about the ways forward. Minutes from the call are  
available as text below and also at:
   http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-egov-minutes

Contents
   1. Outreach and Related Work
   2. Engaging Group Members

Actions (Kevin got three new ones)
    [NEW] ACTION: ACTION-2 - Draft statement to open Round Table event
    [NEW] ACTION: ACTION-3 - Get in touch with AIIM
    [NEW] ACTION: ACTION-4 - Draft outline Group Activity Plan

See all open ones at:
   http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/track/actions/open

Agenda for Next Meeting is evolving at:
   http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/wiki/Next_Meeting

Please, feel free to add content there or, even better, send agenda  
proposals to the list.

Cheers,
Jose.


-----------


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

       eGovernment Interest Group - Chairs + TF Coordinators Call

03 Jul 2008

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-egov-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Josema, Kevin, Chris, Oscar (part)

    Regrets
           Ari

    Chair
           Kevin, Josema

    Scribe
           Josema

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Outreach and Related Work
          2. [5]Engaging Group Members
      * [6]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

Outreach and Related Work

    jose: [about how to encourage people to participate, add content to
    the wiki]

    chris: only got one response so far to my message
    ... maybe I should go ahead and add content to the wiki

    kevin: it's also the time of the year
    ... probably stuff like the recent eGov Monitor could help people
    ... to be more aware of our work

    [7]list of participants]

       [7] http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=42481&public=1

    jose: several agencies represented
    ... also people as IE working for agencies
    ... looks good as a start

    kevin: I'm in touch with more people from agencies around
    ... trying to find ways to engage them

    <kevin> [8]http://www.egovmonitor.com/node/19406

       [8] http://www.egovmonitor.com/node/19406

    <kevin> Jose's article in govmonitor

    kevin: I'll re-use some of the article to make people aware

    chris: there are also the web managers round table events
    ... one next week, but clashes with the Group call

    kevin: there's also a Facebook Group for the round table

    chris: we could draft a statement so they could read before the
    session

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2 - Draft statement to open Round Table
    event [on Kevin Novak - due 2008-07-10].

    chris: any facebook or the like used at W3C?

    jose: AFAIR, no, sometimes difficult to choose tools
    ... not sure if doable, could find out

    kevin: maybe we could even write an article together with Carol
    (OASIS)

    jose: what about organize one of those Round Tables later in time?

    chris: yes, would be useful

    kevin: several of the attendants come from gov
    ... some private industry
    ... Google, Microsoft sponsors from time to time
    ... also some consultancies involved
    ... also blogs related to eGov
    ... maybe we should watch and comment on those blogs, too
    ... this should be a Group task

Engaging Group Members

    chris: probably difficult time of the year
    ... maybe starting proposing agenda items
    ... get info on what is more interesting, what is not
    ... how do you envision the Group's progress in the near future?

    kevin: jose and I talked about how to get the Group together
    ... not splitting it on TF different calls, etc.
    ... maybe in the future and if needed

    [some talk on StratML and how/if liaise with community]

    [too early to decide, would need more review]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-3 - Get in touch with AIIM [on Kevin Novak
    - due 2008-07-10].

    kevin: I encourage you to go ahead and add content to the wiki
    ... TF coordinators to start and pave the way
    ... then people will add, comment, etc.

    [9]http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/wiki/Next_Meeting

       [9] http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/wiki/Next_Meeting

    [let's put info up in the wiki and have people contributing]

    [jose talks about experience traveling and projects, highlights Web
    guidelines, Open Sandards Policies wrt TF1]

    kevin: we should talk about the specific work of the TFs during the
    next Group call

    [Oscar joins the call]

    oscar: new to W3C, probably many people the same
    ... we might need some "W3C training"
    ... TF coordinators should dinamyze the Group
    ... couple ideas:
    ... think about want we want to see in the use cases
    ... maybe put a soft deadline
    ... 4-6 weeks, see what people say
    ... definitely put up use cases days asap and see
    ... also a comment:
    ... maybe we should outline how the whole Group process will look
    like
    ... what after use cases?
    ... probably this needs explanation about how we'll handle it

    [all agree about the need to detail the process]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-4 - Draft outline Group Activity Plan [on
    Kevin Novak - due 2008-07-10].

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: ACTION-2 - Draft statement to open Round Table event
    [on Kevin Novak - due 2008-07-10]. [recorded in
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-egov-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: ACTION-3 - Get in touch with AIIM [on Kevin Novak -
    due 2008-07-10]. [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-egov-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: ACTION-4 - Draft outline Group Activity Plan [on Kevin
    Novak - due 2008-07-10].. [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-egov-minutes.html#action04]
    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [13]scribe.perl version 1.133
     ([14]CVS log)
     $Date: 2008/07/04 12:50:22 $

      [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Friday, 4 July 2008 13:14:35 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 4 July 2008 13:14:35 GMT