From: public-egov-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:public-egov-ig-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Novak, Kevin
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 12:24 PM
To: eGov IG
Subject: Forgot to mention FW: FYI from Today's Washington Post

All,

One of the solutions that I have used and been involved with previously is
the open site map initiative which was a standards collaboration between
Yahoo, Microsoft, and Google. The Library of Congress and specifically the
American Memory collections was one of the first institutions to pilot the
standard. We experienced great success in getting the content indexed by the
major search engines and thereby also experienced a 20 percent increase in
overall usage.

It is something that we should take a look at for our use cases and thereby
the solutions we present for our work and the issues paper.

Kevin

Kevin Novak

Vice President, Integrated Web Strategy and Technology

The American Institute of Architects

1735 New York Avenue, NW

Washington, DC 20006

Voice:   202-626-7303

Cell:       202-731-0037

Fax:        202-639-7606

Email:    kevinnovak@aia.org

Website: www.aia.org

<http://outlook.aia.org/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.webbyawards.com
/>
http://outlook.aia.org/exchange/knovak/Inbox/sharepoint%20access-2.EML/1_mul
tipart/image001.jpg?Security=2

AIA NAMED BEST ASSOCIATIONS WEBSITE FOR THE 12th ANNUAL WEBBY AWARDS!

America's Favorite Architecture
<http://outlook.aia.org/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.favoritearchite
cture.org/>  Tops the Shortlist for International Honor for the Web

The American Institute of Architects is the voice of the architectural
profession and the resource for its members in service to society.