Re: 2 Proposals for Minimum Viable InputEvent

I don't think that works. An API for IME would be great, but this is years
into the future, right? Also, how are we supposed to say whether or not
what you are proposing is as good as what we have with the beforeinput
event if the discussion of that other thing doesn't happen here?

If there is any point in us non-browser people spending years of our lives
discussing things with you here, there must be a minimal understanding that
we are taken half-way serious when we talk about the problems JS editor
developers have with cE. Otherwise you don't really need us, do you?

Also, you are crippling the beforeinput event for keyboard input for no
good reason.

We have now for years tried to fix cE. We have collectively come to the
conclusion that it cannot all be fixed in one go. If you actually get to
create a IME API some time in the next 40 years, I would expect you that
IME to give out new, cancelable beforeinput inputtypes that will be
documented in a future version of the input events spec.

(Sorry for spelling errors. I am typing this on  Android with Google
keyboard, so I can't go back and fix things as the IME tends to destroy
entire sentences when I try to recompose asingle word.)