Re: proposed agenda for Editing Taskforce meeting on September 22 at TPAC (Lisboa)

Hi Johannes,

You wrote:

> Please let me know if you have any other issues you want to talk
> about.

We have a couple of things we'd like to talk about. Enrica's currently
on vacation, so I apologize if my attempt to explain these isn't very
accurate. (She'll be at the editing meeting next week.)

> * Format context menu on iOS/Safari, opt-in/out solution presentation
>   of Apple's proposal. [10]
>
> [10] https://github.com/w3c/editing/issues/141

See also Ryosuke's comments in Issue 93:

                https://github.com/w3c/editing/issues/93

Personally I'd like to see a declarative way for authors to say which
inputTypes the contenteditable area supports. Such a declarative
mechanism could get pretty unweildy, so it might make sense to
undeprecate & specify contenteditable=plaintext-only, which is a pretty
common case.

Additionally, there are a number of execCommands that don't have
corresponding inputTypes. I think we'd like to close the gap there. In
several cases, this would require the ability to pass an argument (e.g.
foreColor/backColor need a way to specify the color in question).

See you in Lisbon,
Tess