Re: topics for Fridays F2F

One more thing:

As requested by the meeting of the browser makers, we have added a
dataTransfer object to hold data about content that is to be added that is
more than just simple text input. This can be obtained using:

event.transferData.getData('text/html')

A version of the same data converted to plain text can be obtained using:

event.transferData.getData('text/plain')

Now the question is, what should the relation between the plain text
version and the value of event.databe. There is currently only one inputtype of
the beforeinput event for which the data attribute is used (insertText).

Would it simpliufy things if we:

A) Use the dataTransfer object for all inputtypes where content data is
involved and additionally thedata attribute for the insertText inputtype?
(current option)

B) Use the dataTransfer object for all inputtypes where content data is
involved and not use the dataattribute at all?

C) Use the dataTransfer object for all inputtypes where content data is
involved except the insertTextinputtype for which we use the data attribute?

https://github.com/w3c/editing/issues/131

Fidus Writer
http://www.fiduswriter.org