Re: Agenda proposal Re: meeting in Berlin (late May or June)?

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 9:03 AM, Chaals McCathie Nevile <
chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

> Cc+ Hallvord - not sure you're on editing-tf list
>
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 00:44:58 +0200, Johannes Wilm <mail@johanneswilm.org>
> wrote:
>
> Hey,
>> as I'm going through the remaining issues, it seems like there are still
>> a number of issues we need to deal with to get a good input events spec
>> up and running. The following are things I came across while going
>> through the issues on github. Maybe some of these things can be dealt
>> with quickly here, but there are likely other issues I haven't thought
>> about so far.
>>
>> What do people think? Would a meeting in Berlin in late May or June be of
>> interest?
>>
>> 1. Dragging and dropping:
>> -- What should the order of the events be and in what spec should this be
>> placed?
>>

> This is relevant to the HTML spec too, right?

Yes.

The situation is something like this:

We recently moved half of the beforeinput/input event into the UI events
spec, because the browser maker meeting in January thought it would be best
to have half of the events live there along with the order of events in
relation to keyboard input. The point being that placing it there
facilitate adoption.

But the UI events spec does not include order of events related to
dragging/dropping, which should also trigger beforeInput events, and the
spec is so large that the maintainers don't want to add it there either.

So this needs to go somewhere. The question is just where.

It seems to me that it would be the nicest if we could be as consistent as
possible on where we put things.

Fidus Writer
http://www.fiduswriter.org