Re: Editing TF process?

Hi Koji,

On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 13:33:46 +0200, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Chaals, this is very helpful and clear.

Great.

> One question: these are clear for WG, but I suppose we'll need
> something to determine if an issue is whether "we happily agree on" or
> not. If it turns not, go to WG resolutions either by CfC or make a
> minutes with "Resolution"s. That's clear now for me, thank you.
>
> Issues are usually discussed in github issues or F2F, and not everyone
> is tracking every issue. I wish, if it's a rather big decision, even
> if people in the issue discussion or F2F seems to be happy, I wish
> clearer communication to the TF to double-check if "we really happily
> agree on" or not.
>
> For that, I'm wondering if sending CfC to TF ML and using the similar
> process as WG would be good. If any objections, we can raise it to WG
> resolutions. If no objections, we can consider "we happily agreed on
> it".
>
> What do you think? Is it overkill? Are there anything we can learn
> from other TF?

I think this is a good practice. It doesn't need to be as formal as a CfC
unless the rest of the TF wants that, but an email to the TF list saying
what is proposed will be helpful to check if we really do agree.

If there is a proposed decision we *think* has wider implications, or that
some people will be unhappy about but might not read the thread, it is
better to let them know, have the full discussion, and get to a real
agreement than make a decision "under the radar", only to find a year
later that we have to go back over it.

The modern W3C process actually encourages us to do that, asking to get
"wide review" early...

cheers

Chaals