Re: existing contenteditable spec

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 6:54 AM, Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name> wrote:

> I encourage anyone who wants to take over the spec to speak with me about
> the way I wrote the test suite, and any specific things they want to
> change.  I spent some hundreds of hours developing it, and usually had a
> pretty good reason for everything I did, so it would be a shame to have to
> start from scratch.  (I would volunteer to continue editing it myself, but
> I no longer work on a consistent basis.)

Also, not sure if you have noticed, but we have moved the discussion of the
contents of the discussion to github issues [1]. I still haven't been given
all the powers needed to create new issue labels/tags, so "contentEditable"
currently both means both types of contentEditable, but that will hopefully
change soon. You can get involved in the discussion there whenever you have
time.

[1] https://github.com/w3c/editing-explainer/issues

Either you or I should go through the execCommand spec and take things that
are meant for the contentEdtiableTrue spec and move them there.  If I don't
hear back from you, I will try to do that whenever I have time in the next
few days.

Fidus Writer
http://www.fiduswriter.org