Re: existing contenteditable spec

Ok, but there may very well be a decision to just not standardize
execCommand, etc. at all and instead to just deprecate it, in which case
the other version also disappears. The repository keeps all old documents
of course, but one will have to dig down to find it.

With "historical behavior" I meant the behavior browsers currently show,
and your document seems to list a lot about how Opera X and Chrome 11, etc.
behave in this and this situation.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 6:31 AM, Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name> wrote:

> On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Johannes Wilm <johannes@fiduswriter.org>
> wrote:
> > I have copied the old editing spec twice: Once as a document documenting
> > historic behavior, and once as a draft specification of execCommand with
> the
> > parts about selection removed. Both documents likely need more cleanup
> over
> > time.
>
> The editing spec was never implemented as-is and doesn't document
> historical behavior, so you can probably remove that version.  More to
> the point, there *is* no historical behavior, because browsers have
> very poor interoperability here.

Fidus Writer
http://www.fiduswriter.org