Re: Only Text Input and Intention Events

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 7:39 PM, Olivier Forget <teleclimber@gmail.com>
wrote:

>  Editor devs can listen for text insert event, and if text is about to be
> inserted in the wrong node they can move the selection to the right place
> then let the default behavior take place.
>

>>> This all makes me think that this mode is something that noone ever
>> expects to be useful by itself, without any javascript to support it.
>>

> Yes. My view is that this is a developer's API.

ok, that a legitimate position. This should be very clear in instructions
spec, etc. for any developer building on top of it: In order to achieve
consistent behavior, also insert character events *HAVE TO* be interrupted
and the selection potentially moved before the event default takes place.

Right now I can't think of the advantage of having the character input take
place by default if we have to interrupt it anyway to check for selection,
etc., but maybe this is about multi-key character input and alike? Anyway,
if I'm sure the CKeditor people have thought this through.

Fidus Writer
http://www.fiduswriter.org