Re: Should we take CSS into consideration? (was: Re: attribute or CSS property?)

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 7:26 PM, Olivier Forget <teleclimber@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon Dec 15 2014 at 11:10:09 PM Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> +1 from me too.

> Needs Olivier's clarification; I think his proposal handles the two
>> the same way. Since outer one is display:none, carets cannot move into
>> there unless it's set by scripts, IIUC.
>>

> Yes, that's correct.

OK, maybe I don't quite get it. As I understand Olivier's proposal:

[A] The caret can go into a contenteditable element inside of a
"display:none;"-styled element only if it is placed there by Javascript.
Once it is placed there though. the caret/selection behaves like any other
caret/selection, right? So it reacts to keyboard input, arrow keys, etc. .
If it doesn't react to any of this, wouldn't that take the "typing" out of
"contenteditable=typing"?

[B] An element inside of a contenteditable element that is set to
"display:none;" will be treated as if it's not there when it comes to caret
movements. I assume this is both the case for normal, visible
contenteditable elements, and those not visible as described in A, right?

Fidus Writer
http://www.fiduswriter.org