Bug 030: Advanced Usage

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@miscoranda.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 18:05:11 +0100
To: public-earl10-comments@w3.org
This is feedback on a Last Call Working Draft:

Developer Guide for Evaluation and Report Language (EARL) 1.0
W3C Working Draft 10 May 2011

Specifically § 3.5 Advance usage:

Change this to “Advanced usage”.

Advance is a verb, as in “we should advance this specification”, or a
noun, as in “we should wait for their advance before doing anything”.
It is not an adjective, unlike “advanced” as in “that specification is
so advanced” or “what an outrageously advanced specification”.

Source: Oxford English Dictionary.

http://www.oed.com/view/Entry/2883 (noun)
http://www.oed.com/view/Entry/2884 (verb)
http://www.oed.com/view/Entry/2886 (adjective)