Re: [dxwg] Differentiating Functional & Data Profiling in Conneg (#1022)

From: Annette Greiner via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 01:57:03 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Sorry, but I still think it is a mistake to introduce a new usage of the term "profile" in this specification. Realization was a fine term, as far as I'm concerned. I understand that the word profile can be used to refer to different styles of implementing content negotiation by profile, but it is still a poor choice in a document in which users have struggled to understand the concept of a profile. I've not yet heard any argument why using the term profile in both senses in the same document is a good idea, just defense of it as not being a fallacy.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by agreiner
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1022#issuecomment-545707848 using your GitHub account