Classes in Fig 1 in PROF

From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 16:34:24 -0700
To: "public-dxwg-wg@w3.org" <public-dxwg-wg@w3.org>
The non-PROF classes in Figure 1 in Prof are given the legend of "owl
class". However, dct classes are defined as rdfs:Class, not owl:Class.
It may be that there is some statement somewhere in the RDF world that
says that rdfs:Classes are also owl:Classes - ? And as far as I know,
xsd:datatype(s) are not classes, and of course precede RDF and OWL, yet
they are in the diagram as OWL classes. In any case, it might be clearer
to provide an entity-relation diagram and not a class diagram?

I note also that Fig 3, which used to be in the draft, is no longer
there. If it has been removed, please add that to the list of changes in
this version, which hopefully we'll discuss in plenary soon.

Thanks,
kc
--
Karen Coyle