Re: [dxwg] A short token to specify a profile may be used as long as there is a discoverable mapping from it to the profile's identifying URI [ID5] (5.5) (#290)

From: Lars G. Svensson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 16:34:40 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@RubenVerborgh yes, tokens are underspecified as the document is written right now. I _think_ (@rob-metalinkage and @nicholascar might disagree...) that:
* The canonical names for profiles MUST be URIs
* Servers supporting profile negotiation (or [profile indication](https://github.com/ProfileNegotiation/I-D-Profile-Negotiation/pull/4)) MAY supply a 1:1 mapping from token names to URIs.

Further, my understanding is that:
* This mapping from tokens to profile URIs is only valid for the server that supplied the mapping. I think it would be too chaotic if we said that each mapping is only valid for a single resource...

--
GitHub Notification of comment by larsgsvensson
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/290#issuecomment-472502126 using your GitHub account