Re: [dxwg] Usage notes [RUN] (#86)

From: Riccardo Albertoni via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 18:04:09 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Thank @andrea-perego,
In principle, I like the idea of reusing the vann:usageNote.
I have recalled that we have used vann,  including vann:usageNote property with literals,  for documenting [DQV](https://www.w3.org/ns/dqv.ttl ).  Moreover, checking on the vann-related [LOV page](https://lov.linkeddata.es/dataset/lov/vocabs/vann),  vann looks very widely adopted.

My main concern is that at the moment the Vann URI, [http://purl.org/vocab/vann/](http://purl.org/vocab/vann/)  is not HTTP dereferenceable and I can't find an RDF representation for vann except for the LOV copy. I wonder if that is another factor that can retain us from recommending the vann:usageNote in DCAT. What do you think?

The members can continue to express their preference as previously explained, they can cast a "heart" on the previous @andrea-perego's post  to support solution 0.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by riccardoAlbertoni
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/86#issuecomment-471654695 using your GitHub account