Re: [dxwg] Does "profile of" require all or some elements? (#802)

From: Stephen Richard via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 16:57:15 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
The problem I see is that meaning of 'use of' (in a-c above) is not clear enough to be testable. My interest is to assist client software to select representations of resources from various distributions documented in catalog records. I'm imagining that the metadata record will be able to declare that a distribution conformsTo some profile X, and this statement will be used by client applications to select a distribution that they can work with, the implication being that the representation offered meets certain requirements in terms of vocabularies used, required elements, syntax etc.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by smrgeoinfo
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/802#issuecomment-471627103 using your GitHub account