Re: DXWG Plenary: 2019-06-18T20:00:00

Could we add a discussion of Tom's email to the agenda? [1] Although he
focuses on conformance, I think the email rounds up some important info
about profile definitions.

First, DCAT has a definition (in the green note [3]) that presumably is
sufficient for DCAT purposes.

Second, the IETF proposal has a definition that again is presumably
sufficient for that proposal. [2] It would seem inappropriate for the
conneg definition to be significantly different from the definition in
the IETF proposal. In fact, it would probably be necessary for them to
be the same or as close to the same as possible. (We should ping Lars on
this.)

Because of this, I see no reason to work on a definition of profile
UNLESS the intention is to continue work on the profile guidance
document and to develop a definition that is focused on the creation of
profiles. That definition could be more specific as it would be
attempting to drive the creation of a specific concept of profile. I
don't think that definition would be a substitute for the IETF/conneg
definition, and for DCAT that would be a question to be posed for a
future version.

kc

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dxwg-wg/2019Jun/0035.html
[2]
https://profilenegotiation.github.io/I-D-Accept--Schema/I-D-accept-schema
[3] https://w3c.github.io/dxwg/dcat/#conformance

On 6/17/19 3:31 AM, pedro winstley wrote:
> Dear Colleagues
>
> The next plenary meeting of DXWG will be at 2019-06-18T20:00:00 and
> the agenda draft is at
> https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2019.06.18
>
> The key discussion point will be to make some concrete plans and
> schedule for the definition document describing 'profile' to be
> sufficient for the requirements of the conneg and DCAT work, and
> discussion of how well this covers the needs of the prof vocabulary.
>
> Cheers
>
> Peter

skype: kcoylenet