Re: [dxwg] prof:inheritedFrom needs more convincing case and/or example (#642)

From: Rob Atkinson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 09:58:34 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
I'm not seeing anything here other than getting tangled up in understanding the nature of classes and sets - so you could think of profiles define sets of conforming objects - they are RDFS classes in that sense - but not declared as such (see OWL punning). Our concern is more the non RDFS/OWL matters of refererencing rules in other languages and "frames" - profiles are not "open" - they have a defined set of properties - closer to shapes than classes.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by rob-metalinkage
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/642#issuecomment-458479128 using your GitHub account