Re: [dxwg] FPWD comment: use dcat:Distribution for Resource (#529)

From: Nicholas Car via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 12:52:22 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
I diagree that parts of a `Profile`, currently modelled as artifacts and associated with a `Profile` via a `Resource Descriptor` can be modelled as `dcat:Distribution`s of the `Profile` for the following reasons:

1. such a modelling would indicate that the Profile is a `dcat:Dataset` and a Dataset and a Standard (`dct:Standard`) are not the same thing
2. From DCAT (rev)'s definitions: Distributions are "A specific representation of a dataset", so this is *representation of* not *representation of part of*. With `Resource Descriptor`, we are interested in part of representation for thinkgs such as validation constraints, documentation or a specification document which only together, with all other `Profile parts`, make the whole profile.

For these reasons, I recommend not using `dcat:Distribution` for `prof:ResourceDescriptor`.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by nicholascar
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/529#issuecomment-457915249 using your GitHub account