Re: [dxwg] removal of all references to Base Specification class (#664)

From: aisaac via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 09:26:24 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
I'm sorry @nicholascar but I'm not buying this. If we remove the class BaseSpecification, then how can the reader connect any occurrence of the phrase 'base specification' to a class they can't see?

I think replacing by Standard everywhere is going to resume again all the discussions on standards, and we can't afford this. Again I'm happy making a proposal for changed text. I could even try to replace 'base specification' by 'grounding specification', or 'specification that base the profile' whatever keeps 'specification' in (and the fact that this is a specification the profile is a profile of)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/pull/664#issuecomment-456730183 using your GitHub account