Re: [dxwg] Profiles are "named collections of properties" or metadata terms (if not RDF) [ID41] (5.41) (#275)

From: aisaac via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 22:15:50 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@larsgsvensson ok it's a matter of style indeed. Let's discuss this later :-)
I am ready to change the title but would like to hear from @rob-metalinkage (and you) whether it's ok to keep 'metadata' as in my wording. I'm fine merging the sentences and adding the 'structure' point. But I'm -1 on "sets of statements" as this ventures into other requirements (metadata about profile elements, including constraints).

So I'd now propose something like
1. "Profiles are uniquely named sets of data elements, such as classes and properties, that structure  instance (meta)data"
or a longer but more explicit expression:
2. "Profiles are uniquely named sets of data elements, such as classes and properties. These elements structure the data (or metadata) that instantiate the profile"

And if none of these two is ok, then I suggest wielding the axe and remove all attempt to clarify 'metadata terms' in the original title. That would be
3. "Profiles are uniquely named sets of data elements, such as classes and properties."

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/275#issuecomment-454572762 using your GitHub account