Re: [dxwg] Harmonise definitions across Profile docs (#537)

From: aisaac via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 17:26:36 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@kcoyle I doubt that any existing technology like SHACL and ShEx can enforce a 'guidance' resource to fully meet what we expect in our profile definition, because these are just different levels. It would be a bit like assuming that a software testing suite can validate that an application meets its user requirements (acceptance tests), while this suite can only do low-level stuff such as unit testing.

Regarding the move from profiles as defined in our definition to profiles as a set of resources: this is indeed crucial. What I had in mind was to do this with the paragraph that starts with "A profile can have various Components/Manifestations in various expression languages" at https://w3c.github.io/dxwg/profiles/#whatisaprofile.
But with the new general structure the message of that paragraph seems less visible than what it was. And anyway it was just a first try, certainly it can be improved!

About moving

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/537#issuecomment-453181827 using your GitHub account