Re: [dxwg] Consider use of adms:identifier instead of prof:token (#453)

From: Nicholas Car via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2019 02:43:14 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
> Why include it in a standard then?
Because they are both already in use and are needed going forward. We exclude a series of profile access API styles if we don't include tokens (RESTful APIs) and if we don't define rules, we'll just have the wild West of implementations.

Many Semantic Web data models, predicated on URIs, have provision for alternate, local, non-authoritative identifiers, like DC, ADMS etc. This argument's just run recently in DCAT land too. Best position seems to be to define alternate identifier mechanics.

If this ontology's used at all then users will necessarily be in URI land. the catering for non-URI IDs will make some mechanics simpler and broader modelling of existing profiles simpler.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by nicholascar
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/453#issuecomment-452551561 using your GitHub account