Re: ACTION on ALL - FPWDs

Hi all,

A few more comments on the profiles ontology, which I hadn't time to
write down before.

The last paragraph of the introduction mentions:

"|Base Specifications| (a Standard not profiling any other Standard)"

However, the definition and the ontology indicate that BaseSpecification
is a subClass of Profile:

https://w3c.github.io/dxwg/profilesont/#Class:BaseSpecification

The ontology goes further to indicate a cardinality restriction,
indicating that BaseSpecifications won't be associated with any Profile
through the 'isProfileOf' relationship:

:BaseSpecification rdf:type owl:Class ;
                    rdfs:subClassOf :Profile ,
                                    [ rdf:type owl:Restriction ;
                                      owl:onProperty :isProfileOf ;
                                      owl:maxCardinality "0"^^xsd:nonNegativeInteger
                                    ] ;
                    rdfs:label "Base Specification" ;
                    skos:definition "A specification that defines all implementation constraints, without applying constraints on usage of another specification"@en ;
                    skos:usageNote "This may not be a useful class: documents of any specification can be regarded as a trivial profile, so applications only need to be concerned with Profile conformance"@en .

I know this is representing 'trivial profiles', as any spec can be a
profile of itself. However, I think we should make clearer the
'differentiae' between Standard/BaseSpecification/Profiles. I know that
there have been lots of discussions on this and, moreover, that the note
indicates that the class might not be useful.

So, I suggest we add an issue in github to address this discussion and
that the FPWD points to this new issue to allow for further comments.

Thanks,

Alejandra