Re: [dxwg] Proposal for the structure of the "Guidance for Application Profiles" document

From: Rob Atkinson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 21:33:02 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
I like the structure and scope proposed.

I think it will be useful to state the requirements for explicit types of cosntraints - but then all we can do is show examples of how different "schema" might support them.

It is late in the day, and while possibly we could propose and extension to SHACL or SHEX to cover key cases, we can also simply state that profiles SHOULD define such constraints, even if the only options today are to do this in text or use a non-canonical constraint language.  The DC work on constraints may emerge to fill this gap - but we'd need some concrete proposals on solutions soon to include an implementation recommendation .

--
GitHub Notification of comment by rob-metalinkage
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/196#issuecomment-391147984 using your GitHub account