Re: [dxwg] Example of catalogued service

From: Jakub Klímek via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 08:59:00 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@dr-shorthair I agree completely, that its also the approach taken by the Solid community, can be seen e.g. in the [WebID](https://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/identity/#overview) specification - the Information resource is the document and the real world resource is denoted by a hash IRI, connected to the document via ```foaf:primaryTopic``` or something like that. e.g.
```turtle
ex:dataset a dcat:DatasetDescription ;
    foaf:primaryTopic <https://ex.org/resource/dataset#i>
```
On the other hand, this would add another level of "meta", since there is also the ```dcat:CatalogRecord``` describing the entry in the catalog.

Nevertheless, the question is what can/should be done about it now. My guess is nothing.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jakubklimek
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/237#issuecomment-390142898 using your GitHub account