Re: [dxwg] Profiles listing [RPFL]

From: Nicholas Car via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 23:08:33 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
The proposal above indicates how we have addressed the requirement to list profiles available for a resource but we did it in a non-standardised way and only with a Query String Argument convention. The work done by @larsgsvensson and @RubenVerborgh to introduce an `Accept-Profile` and `Profile` HTTP header would seem to bring the functionality we sought in our implementation to the HTTP level.

The major difference between our previous work and the profileneg proposal as I read it in <http://profilenegotiation.github.io/I-D-Accept--Schema/I-D-accept-schema> is that there seems to be no way for a client to find out profile information other than identity of the identifier of the profiles a server can supply is non-dereferenceable. This is one of the motivating factors for a profile description ontology and resolvable profile URIs.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by nicholascar
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/73#issuecomment-390041144 using your GitHub account