Re: [dxwg] Profiles should contain constraint information

From: Rob Atkinson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 01:02:32 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
There is are application profiles that can be conformance tested using formalised constraints - but others that require other approaches, or such constraints are not yet formed (such as DCAT-AP)

This is where implementation resources can be qualified with a specific role .  The set of roles we wish to recognise and provide canonical terms for should be discussed - and whether these should be expressed as a class hiearchy, a skos:ConceptScheme - or both, and whether in a spearate artefact or the main ontology.

(I personally think a small class hierarchy within the OWL model is going to be simplest - and I would also be tempted to express SKOS semantic relationships. That way someone could easily define a skos:collection of the set of roles they wish to support in an application context)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by rob-metalinkage
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/229#issuecomment-387588101 using your GitHub account