Re: [dxwg] dcat:accessURL - check constraints

On Fri, 4 May 2018, 09:51 makxdekkers via GitHub, <sysbot+gh@w3.org> wrote:

> I still disagree. We're haggling over a URI, `accessURL` versus
> `accessService`; in my mind, URIs are basically opaque strings -- you
> should not read any meaning into them, although human-readable strings may
> help implementers to remember them more easily.

People consistently do read them, despite the formalities.

In this case, e.g. in rdfa 1.1,

  <a property="dcat:accessURL"  href="http://example.org/xyz" > ...</a>

...reads very nicely, and the strings-vs-things / levels of indirection
nuance will be lost on the majority of publishers and consumers.

But you really should not expect anything from just looking at the URI.