Re: ODRL community group - and profiles

Hi,

Thanks for the discussion. Yes it would be good to follow what they do. We may not need a formal liaison. I have a couple of things to work on with the ODRL group so I can follow things for a short time, and shout when I can't do it anymore. But if anyone else wants to follow their activity too, I would say it's perfectly fine!

And the idea to note example profiles is very good. This will especially help us to confront our guidance with what is been done in the field.

Note that ODRL is not one profile, its vision is to allow as many profileS as needed. In fact I may have one for them some day, with the work at rightsstatements.org. It would be however quite a minimal reuse of their own framework, which brings a question on whether there's a lower limit of re-use for one standard, beyond which one cannot name it a profile anymore ;-)

Cheers,

Antoine