Re: [dxwg] Profile negotiation [RPFN]

Here is how I'm thinking of the web engineering terms in our discussion,
from Fielding [1].

*Table 5-1: REST Data Elements* Data Element  Modern Web Examples
resource  the intended conceptual target of a hypertext reference
resource identifier  URL, URN
representation  HTML document, JPEG image
representation metadata  media type, last-modified time
resource metadata  source link, alternates, vary
control data  if-modified-since, cache-control

[1] https://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/pubs/dissertation/rest_arch_style.htm

--
Annette Greiner
NERSC Data and Analytics Services