Re: [dxwg] Profile negotiation [RPFN]

One thing to consider is how important it might be for data catalogs to
have information about what profile options are available. As an end
user seeking a dataset with which I might build an app or a
visualization, I think it would be nice to be able to select a profile
in a search and get a list of datasets that use that profile and also
meet my other criteria. I wouldn't want to have to test each result
separately to see if I can use it.

But I want to understand who you mean by "the user" here. A human? A
developer writing a web app? A script? Who are they the client of? The
original publisher? The data catalog publisher?