Re: [dxwg] Profile negotiation [RPFN]

Sorry, but I need an answer that is not tautological.

I imagine the IETF will be asking the same question. Why do you think
you need to enable this type of negotiation versus allowing discovery
via links? Clients can get from one representation to another by
following links (either in a browser or in an API). That is plenty
webby. Why is automated discovery needed? There are plenty of
differentiating features of web data resources that a user could want;
why make this particular level of differentiation negotiated? Do you
have a real need to require profile creators to register their profiles
with IETF? This is more work for IETF and for profile creators. (If you
have a way around that, it would help to hear it.)

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to shut down discussion of profile
negotiation. I'm trying to stimulate the production of actual use cases
that can guide the generation of realistic requirements. Reiterating the
solution doesn't address that.

-Annette

--
Annette Greiner