Re: [dxwg] profileDesc and the Guidance document

From: kcoyle via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 15:33:44 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
In general I agree that much of the admin stuff is standard admin metadata. I'm not saying that profile work should invent a new ontology for it, just that a profile should have this information about itself. Since we aren't developing a machine-readable profile description, we don't need to specify how this is to be coded.

It isn't clear to me yet if we'll be recommending any ontologies to fulfill these functions. That's one of the big decisions that needs to be made as the guidance document develops. Given our time frame, however, I suspect that the document will remain at the level of a conceptual model, and may be a support document for future W3C work (which I think is needed).

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/242#issuecomment-409264590 using your GitHub account