Re: [dxwg] dcat:mediaType - check constraints

From: Jakub Klímek via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 05:08:44 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
+1 for option B as we already use it like this in [Czech National Open Data Catalog](https://data.gov.cz/datasets), as discussed in https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/259.

1. They are the official URIs for Media types
2. Since we wrote to IANA about this (both from DXWG and the Czech side), chances are they are eventually be published also in RDF. But the fact they are not published in RDF now does not mean we cannot use the URIs. If 2 data sources use these URIs, they become interoperable regardless of this.
3. This is currently recommended in [DCAT-AP v1.1](https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/release/dcat-ap-v11)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jakubklimek
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/127#issuecomment-405150182 using your GitHub account