Re: [dxwg] Add void:rootResource as property of dcat:Resource ?

From: Jakub Klímek via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 08:08:10 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Actually, this is not accurately specified.
`void:rootResource` (see [specification](https://www.w3.org/TR/void/#root-resource))

1. only applies to `void:Dataset`s, which are RDF datasets, not any datasets, which correspond (and this should be discussed as well, although we use it this way in Czechia) to RDF `dcat:Distribution`s of a `dcat:Dataset`.
2. the object of the property should be an RDF resource belonging to the dataset. A manifest would be metadata about a dataset, not belonging to the dataset.

Therefore I would suggest not using this property for attaching a manifest.

A related question - how would a manifest look like? Is there a specification for such manifests? If not, I would suggest trying to cover whatever would be in the manifest directly in DCAT.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jakubklimek
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/292#issuecomment-404082427 using your GitHub account